My Potter's Covers Sock Club Kit came yesterday!!! I got the first two shipments together (there's 7 altogether, one for each Harry Potter Book).
This is the Sorceror's Stone Colourway with the Hedwig Pattern and the Chamber of Secrets Colourway with the Heir of Slytherin Pattern.
I've wound the first skein into a ball (I got to use my new swift and ball winder, thanks Mom!!!).... and you can see it matches the book cover really well!
I'm a little more than halfway down the ankle of the first sock and will be starting the heel by tomorrow probably. (if not today)
I'm a little concerned that it might be a tad too big. Here's the situation. The pattern is written for a medium (which happens to be my sock size) and it calls for a 2.25mm needle... which I have in DPNs that I bought specifically for these socks.... Well, it turns out that I hate DPNs, or at least they hate me. So, after starting and ripping 3 times, I tossed the irritating little needles aside and went to find my circulars. Now, it just so happens that I have 2.0mm and 2.5mm... no 2.25mm. Normally I knit a little loose so I started again with the 2.0mm and it was looking too small so I ripped again and started AGAIN with the 2.5mm..... they're looking a tad big but I keep trying it on my ankle and its not too bad, but I keep second guessing myself. We'll see what it's like when I'm done I guess (I'm NOT ripping again, I'm too far along now!)
Wish me luck!!!