Thursday, October 25, 2007

A couple quick little projects

In the last 3 days I've completed two little projects.

The first is a little Pumkin Hat for Kaylen.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



(more pictures on Kaylen's blog)



I was at a craft store and a lady saw Kaylen's Kitty Hat and asked if I knit. I told her that I did and she asked me to test-knit the pumpkin hat pattern that she wrote. This was my first time being a "test-knitter". It was fun and the hat turned out great.



The other quick knit was this cool little Snitch Pouch.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



I found the pattern here and thought it looked cute.

I took the designers advice and did the snitch in duplicate stitch afterwards. I think it turned out way better than it would have if I attempted the intarsia! The bag is really tiny! Only about 5" high and so cute! I don't know what I will use it for, but I love it anyway.

(note: I wouldn't exactly call the snitch pouch a "quick knit" - it was more of an obsessive knit, which is why it was completed so fast.... if you actually look at it, you will see there are a LOT of tiny little stitches involved in this one!!!)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

So cute. Who knows, Kaylen may love that little purse in the very near future. My girls love purses (as evidenced by the handbag collection that numbers in the high double digits).