Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sirius Black!

My Sirius Black socks are finished! Can you tell that they're more than just plain black socks?



I had this wonderful idea that my Sirius Black socks should be, well, black.
Unfortunately it has effectively hidden all my pattern work. I was able to get the prison numbers that run down the side of the cuff to sort of show up a tiny bit in this photo...



There's also dog toes on the top of the foot (because Sirius Black turns into a black dog in the Harry Potter books)



And dog toe pads on the bottom of the toes! I think they're cute.



This pattern came as part of my Harry Potter Covers sock club from Dharmafey's Cosmic Fibers (she's on Etsy). They were supposed to be knit up in a variegated yarn that came with the pattern, but I'll probably knit that skein up into plain socks to show the colours. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm obsessivelly knitting up my Gryffindor yarn that I received from my HSKS4 swap. Those socks are coming along nicely and might even be finished by next weekend! Look for pictures next week!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Looking good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.